Although all men are aware that the wedding days is also our day, they will still try to do everything they can to help the love of their life with even the smallest detail so she could feel special. Of course, this doesn’t mean you’ll have to do everything, but you should take care of some things. Trust us, it will be worth your while.
1. On the wedding day, do not be late whatsoever and make sure that your half of the guests get there on time even if they have to camp outside the church.
2. Although it’s bad luck seeing the bride before the wedding, don’t be silly and not take care of a very important detail. Find out what color will the bride wear for the wedding, and, if she’s planning to change multiple times during the evening, find out what color will prevail so you can match your clothes to hers. A neat detail would be if your tie, shirt or any other part of your wardrobe or shoes matched with her colors. Black is the safest bet since it goes with anything, but matching colors with the bride shows an effort she’ll know how to value.
3. It is up to you to pay for the bouquet the bride is going to throw to the girls in order to continue the tradition and get another girl to the altar. Buying another bouquet will bring a smile to your wife’s face when you give it to her and she sees it at the end of the night.
4. Think about an alternative for a tuxedo. Modern times call for new challenges. A custom made suit is a great substitute for a tuxedo.
5. If the guest plan to make a toast to the newlyweds at the breakfast next morning, the first meal after you dream day, it is not polite to join them. During the toast you should let the speaker know you are grateful (nodding your head, thumbs up, smiling, winking), and say thank you after the toast.
6. You should do a speech as a groom, but it’s up to you to make the call. If you decide to make a speech, remember a few things. The most important things is to compliment your wife and express your gratitude the fact that she chose you and declare your love to her in front of everybody. Also, say a few nice words about the best man, bridesmaids, parents and it’s a great opportunity if you want to score extra points with the mother-in-law. Say how beautiful she looks, and, of course, don’t forget your mother who is also proud of her son.
7. Your friends are going to be at the wedding and they will want to make toasts and congratulate you on the decision of your life. Be careful, this is a wedding, not a bachelor party, so don’t overdo it with the alcohol. The guys already had a chance to toast, but we understand that they are your guys. One drink won’t knock you down on the floor. You don’t want to spend your first wedding night on the floor passed out on the floor because you’ll be hearing about it for the rest of your life.
8. If you’re leaving for the honeymoon right after the wedding, make sure that you spend the first night as husband and wife in a hotel worthy of your wife , one with room service because by ordering in you’ll have more time to spend with your loved one.
9. In no way should you forget that you are a married couple now and that you are not alone. So, certain things that you like – your wife doesn’t, and vice versa, so be careful with decisions and make sure she is also happy.
10. If you rented out a tuxedo, don’t forget to return it before the honeymoon because the fees for being late are huge.